MODUS BUILDERS’ SUMMER 2023 INTERNSHIP
Growing local custom home, commercial and remodeling general contractor is seeking a dependable and detail-oriented intern.
STUDENT DUTIES DURING INTERNSHIP
Organizing project documentation to ensure the relevant documentation is available for meetings. Assisting with a variety of forms for different departments. Coordinating activities with contractors, consultants and architects. Planning, budgeting and scheduling activities for the project.
Division/Department: Construction Office, Estimating, Drafting & Project Management
Location: Sarasota, FL
Modus Builders Office Job Title: Intern
Reports to: Wayne Williams, Project/Operations Manager
Interacts with: Owners, Employees, Vendors, Subcontractors, Trade Partners, Clients & Public
Type of position: Full-time OR Part-time
Intern Hours TBD/ week
This internship position will be responsible for assisting the various departments within a construction management company with their daily tasks as well as learning the overall elements of the general contracting/construction industry. The internship will range between 10-weeks, full time and 16-weeks part time based on the requirements of the school’s internship program.
A range of activities that an intern may experience include:
• Observing and /or interacting with various professionals related to the construction field including owners, architects, designers, trade partners, subcontractors and vendors.
• Attending staff and departmental meetings on an ongoing basis and any appropriate management or coordination meetings.
• Completing, updating and distributing project management communications of various types such as purchase orders, safety inspections, material and labor logs, inventory and meeting minutes.
• Assisting with the overall project management responsibilities including, account management, scheduling, estimating, budgeting and coordination of subcontractors and vendors.
• Assist estimators and project managers on various aspects of the bid process. Learn how to gather all the necessary information for a project and compile a bid under the direction of the Operations Manager with the opportunity to bid projects independently.
WORK EXPERIENCE TOOLS/REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work with others as a team player
• Organized with strong technical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interface with subcontractors, suppliers and designers while developing a bid as needed
• Knowledge of estimating multiple building/project types
• Computer proficiency in the Windows environment
• Internship for upcoming Bachelor’s Degree in construction or business-related field
Please reach out to Amber Miller, Business Manager, for questions or consideration. Thank you.